|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
WHO YOU THINK I AM
CELLE QUE VOUS CROYEZ
- Director: Safy Nebbou
- FRANCE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 101’ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Safy Nebbou, Julie Peyr
- Original Work: Camille Laurens
- Director of Photography: Gilles Porte
- Editing: Stéphane Pereira
- Music: Ibrahim Maalouf
- Cast: Juliette Binoche, François Civil, Nicole Garcia, Charles Berling, Marie-Ange Casta, Guillaume Gouix
- Producer: Michel Saint-Jean
- Production Co.: Diaphana Films
- World Sales: Playtime
- Turkish Rights: Mars Film
A comedy drama that explores the impact of social media and perceptions of the virtual world have on real lives, not through the perspectives of youngsters but a different age group. Adapted by French director Safy Nebbou from award-winning writer Camille Lauren’s novel with the same title, Who You Think I Am chronicles 50-year-old academic Claire’s attempt to spy on her boyfriend by starting a fake social media account as a 24-year-old, blond woman. Her boyfriend does not take the bait, but her best friend does; truth and fiction blurs as real emotions are explored in the visual realm. Juliette Binoche’s excellent performance captivates the viewer. Who You Think I Am held its premiere at the Berlin Film Festival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.