|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Özkan Yılmaz
- TURKEY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 94’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Benan Baf Yılmaz, Özkan Yılmaz
- Director of Photography: Özgür Eken
- Editing: Ömer Özyılmazel
- Music: Göktuğ Çitçi
- Cast: Uğur Polat, Emrullah Çakay, Aslı İnandık
- Producer: Benan Baf Yılmaz, Tolga Tekdurmaz, Mustafa Karadeniz
- Production Co.: Çakıl Film
- World Sales: Çakıl Film
- 2019 Antalya Best Supporting Actress (A. İnandık)
It may not always be life that brings people together; this time, death will open new doors. Taner is a middle aged, grumpy man who has been of avail neither for himself, nor others, and has always depended on his friends in order to hang on to life. He abandoned his studies along with his goals, marriage, family, and his life, ultimately. Purposeless and unemployed, Aslı, who is in her early 30s, shares the same flat with her mother and brother. Contrary to Tamer, she is full of life and yet, introverted. She has found herself a friend, a mentor and a guide. Celil is a caregiver who spent his entire childhood playing in graveyards, who has get to know life from the perspective of death, is a considerably ordinary man, disconnected from life. What unites these three is the hope to cling on to life.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.