|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Tsai Ming-Liang
- TAIWAN / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 127’ / No dialogue; s.t.
- Screenplay: Tsai Ming-Liang
- Director of Photography: Chang Jhong-Yuan
- Editing: Chang Jhong-Yuan
- Cast: Lee Kang-Sheng, Anong Houngheuangsy
- Producer: Claude Wang
- Production Co.: Homegreen Films
- World Sales: Homegreen Films
- 2020 Berlin Teddy–Jury Award
Taiwanese grand master Tsai Ming-liang’s work somehow resists description. With his selection of locations, obsessively recurrent themes and ever faithful cast of actors, he is one of the most important representatives of contemporary auteur cinema. Days focuses on ordinary moments and the encounter of two men. As should be expected from a Tsai Ming-liang creation, this film is a reflection on the impossibility of relationships, loaded with a floating sense of time resting on long uninterrupted shots. Lee Kang-sheng, the director’s frequent collaborator , is capable of acting before even resorting to speech through the sheer melancholy his body expresses. Tsai Ming-liang, who won the Istanbul Film Festival’s Golden Tulip with Goodbye Dragon Inn in 2004, is back with his unique style and a film in the shape of a quiet, poignant quest for love.
*Some scenes depicting sexuality/violence in this film might disturb certain viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.