|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Oskar Roehler
- GERMANY / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 134’ / German; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Klaus Richter
- Editing: Hansjörg Weißbrich
- Original Music: Martin Todsharow
- Cast: Oliver Masucci, Katja Riemann, Hary Prinz, Alexander Scheer, Erdal Yildiz, Anton Rattinger, Felix Hellmann, Jochen Schropp, Sunnyi Melles, Isolde Barth
- Producer: Markus Zimmer, Stefan Arndt, Uwe Schott
- Production Co.: Bavaria Filmproduktion, X Filme Creative Pool, WDR, BR, Arte
- World Sales: Picture Tree International GmbH
One of the most controversial yet most prolific and creative filmmakers of cinema, Rainer Werner Fassbinder is the main character of Oskar Roehler’s Cannes 2020 labelled latest film. Enfant terrible follows the iconic director from his early 20s, anti-theatre days to his multi-award-winning films which carry him to the top tiers of German cinema. Oliver Masucci (from the series Dark) plays Fassbinder who is subject to both the praise and the hate of audiences as he relentlessly makes films, and his unending rage and longing for love. Oskar Roehler’s Die Unberühbare / No Place to Go had won Istanbul Film Festival’s top award Golden Tulip in 2001.
*Some scenes depicting sexuality/violence in this film might disturb certain viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.