|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Hacı Orman
- TURKEY / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 87’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Hacı Orman
- Director of Photography: İlker Berke
- Editing: Sedat Yılmaz
- Cast: Fatih Al, Asiye Dinçsoy, Vedat Erincin, Cüneyt Yalaz, İpek Tenolcay
- Producer: Hacı Orman, Sedat Yılmaz
- Production Co.: Praksis Film
- World Sales: Praksis Film
- 2020 İSTANBUL Best Actor (Fatih Al)
Sinan is a visually-impaired poet. Although he has lost his vision at the age of three, he is a humorous man at peace with his blindness. His wife Nilgün wants to bestow Sinan the gift of the visual world and convinces him to undergo an operation. Following the successful procedure, Sinan begins to see vaguely. But after a while, he experiences disruptions in adapting. Nilgün is convinced that the chaos originates from habits formed during Sinan’s days of blindness, and thus increases her pressure on him to adapt to the world of the seeing. The tension leads to a tragic face-off where they question each other’s personalities. Just then, the doctor states that unless Sinan goes through a second operation, he will become blind for good.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.