|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Zeina Durra
- EGYPT, UK, UAE / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 85’ / English, Arabic; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Zeina Durra
- Director of Photography: Zelmira Gainza
- Editing: Andrea Chignoli
- Original Music: Nascuy Linares
- Cast: Andrea Riseborough, Karim Saleh, Michael Landes, Sherine Reda, Salima Ikram, Shahira Fahmy
- Producer: Mohamed Hefzy, Gianluca Chakra, Mamdouh Saba, Zeina Durra
- Production Co.: Film Clinic
- World Sales: Totem Films
English doctor Hana, a member of humanitarian aid team stationed at the border between Syria and Jordan has witnessed countless traumatic moments in the war zone. When Hana returns to Egypt’s Luxor after years, she comes across Sultan, an archaeologist she once was in a relationship. Their encounter brings up a bridge between Hana’s past and her present. Both ex-lovers take refuge in Luxor’s immemorial fabric, its hieroglyphs, and memorial tombs. Supported by an indelible performance by Andrea Riseborough as Hana and impressive cinematography, Luxor leaves the lead role to the city itself. Zeina Durra’s second feature film is a lucid, intelligent voyage about the will to stay alive.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.