|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
MICKEY AND THE BEAR
- Director: Annabelle Attanasio
- USA / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 88’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Annabelle Attanasio
- Director of Photography: Conor Murphy
- Editing: Henry Hayes
- Original Music: Brian McComber, Angel Deradoorian
- Cast: Camila Morrone, James Badge Dale, Calvin Demba, Ben Rosenfield
- Producer: Anja Murmann, Sabine Schenk, Lizzie Shapiro, Taylor Shung
- Production Co.: Thick Media, Shorelight Media
- World Sales: Circle Collective
- 2020 Istanbul Special Mention (Camila Morrone)
- 2019 Boston Independent FF Grand Jury Prize–Narrative
- 2019 Montclair Future/Now
- 2019 Nantucket Excellence in Filmmaking
We might be witnessing the emergence of two young talents from a new generation of American cinema! 1993-born Annabelle Attanasio’s directorial debut tells the story of a father and daughter–a highly conflicting story, yet full of life energy. Between an Iraq war veteran father unable to adapt back to civil life and his daughter, the film’s focal point is clearly the latter. The film is mainly concerned how a relationship which almost amounts to addiction affects a young woman engaged in self-affirmation. Camila Morrone delivers such an outstanding performance as the lead actress that we can be sure to hear her name a lot more in the times to come. Among a roster of highly praised American independent films, Mickey and the Bear reminds us how a few locations, two characters and a simple script can be capable of creating a succession of emotions on screen.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.