|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Chloé Zhao
- USA / 2020 / DCP / Colour / 107’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Chloé Zhao
- Original Work: Jessica Bruder
- Director of Photography: Joshua James Richards
- Editing: Chloé Zhao
- Cast: Frances McDormand, David Strathairn, Linda May, Charlene Swankie
- Producer: Chloé Zhao, Frances McDormand, Peter Spears, Mollye Asher, Dan Janvey
- Production Co.: Highwayman Films, Hear/Say Productions, Cor Cordium Productions
- World Sales: Searchlight Pictures
- Turkish Rights: UIP, Türkiye
- 2020 Venice Best Film
The director of The Rider, which competed for the Golden Tulip in 2018 and won the FIPRESCI Award at the festival, Chloé Zhao continues to tell fascinating stories of the American West. Nomadland is a road movie that follows a 60-something woman, who after losing everything in the Great Recession embarks on a journey, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad. Frances McDormand as the lead also is one of the producers of Nomadland, which premiered at Venice Film Festival in September where it won the Golden Lion, and already is in talks for the Oscars.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.