|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Leyla Yılmaz
- TURKEY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 95’ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Leyla Yılmaz
- Director of Photography: Meryem Yavuz
- Editing: Osman Bayraktaroğlu
- Cast: Senan Kara, Emir Özden, Yurdaer Okur
- Producer: Leyla Yılmaz, Evren Parlar, Christopher Elsey
- Production Co.: Fikri Görsel Sanatlar
- World Sales: Fikri Görsel Sanatlar
- 2019 Antalya Audience Award
Selma and Sinan is a frustrated couple who have grown distant from each other after years of marriage. Their 17-year-old son, Umut is trying to live in a complicated world. When his life is upturned by a rumour spread among his water polo teammates that he is gay, Umut refuses to comment, feeling the world has no right to know either way. While Selma and Sinan struggle with their relationship, Umut’s situation spirals out of control, until one day he disappears. As they search for their son, Selma and Sinan come to realise they are lost. Facing an uncertain future, they must come to terms with not knowing any of the answers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.