|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Human Rights in Cinema Competition
- Director: Daria Onyshchenko
- Ukraine, Switzerland / 2019 / H264 / Colour / 105’ / Ukrainian, Russian; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Daria Onyschenko, Claudia Lehmann
- Director of Photography: Erol Zubcevic
- Editing: Simon Gutknecht
- Original Music: Martin Skalsky
- Cast: Maryna Koshkina, Daniil Kamenskyi, Vasyl Kuharskyi, Maria Kulikovska
- Producer: Igor Savychenko, Claudia Lehmann
- Production Co.: Directory Films, Lehmann Sisters GmbH
- World Sales: Wide Management
2020 Avanca (Portugal) Best Actor (D. Kamenskyi), Special Mention
2019 Warsaw Special Mention
The Forgotten tells the story of those who had no choice but to stay in the territory annexed by Russia in the aftermath of the war in Ukraine. The film’s background is composed of the recent crisis between Russia and Ukraine, and of the suiting political ambience brought along where all sorts of fake news for propaganda purposes abundantly circulate. Yet we’re witnessing 30-year-old instructor of Russian Nina joining efforts in hopeful solidarity with her student Andriy, who was arrested for raising the Ukrainian flag at school and thus stranded insecure under unlawful circumstances. Shot with a hand-held camera closely following its characters, the film manages to convey a sense of reality and emergency typical of first-person documentaries and to offer poetic aesthetics at the same time.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.