|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
VALLEY OF SOULS
- Director: Nicolás Rincón Gille
- Colombia, Belgium, Brazil, France / 2019 / H264 / Colour / 137’ / Spanish; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Nicolás Rincón Gille
- Director of Photography: Juan Sarmiento G.
- Editing: Cédric Zoenen
- Cast: José Arley de Jesús Carvallido Lobo
- Producer: Manuel Ruiz Montealegre, Hector Ulloque Franco
- Production Co.: Medio de Contención Producciones, Neon Rouge, NRW SPRL STO, Lat Films, Tact Production
- World Sales: Best Friend Forever
2020 German Camera Award Best Feature
2019 Nantes Special Mention
2019 Marrakech Best Feature
Known for his short documentaries, Nicolás Rincón Gille’s debut feature is a powerful debut to leave a lasting impression. In a seamless and mature visual fashion, it narrates the heart-breaking story of how a lone fisherman comes to be affected by the conflicts tearing his country apart. The story is set in the Bolivar region of Colombia, a place where nature compels people to undertake epic journeys. The camera follows José, a fisherman caught up between the threatening presence of the river and the human-made horror. Together with him, we run across a silent and weighty pandemonium. Bearing traces of the early 2000’s Colombian civil war, the film laments upon the country’s recent fate.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.