|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
WINDOW BOY WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HAVE A SUBMARINE
CHICO VENTANA TAMBIÉN QUISIERA TENER UN SUBMARINO
- Director: Alex Piperno
- URUGUAY, ARGENTINA, BRAZIL, THE NETHERLANDS, THE PHILIPPINES / 2020 / Colour / 80’ / Spanish, Tuwali; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Alex Piperno
- Director of Photography: Manuel Rebella
- Editing: Alex Piperno, Alejo Santos, Karen Akerman
- Cast: Daniel Quiroga, Inés Bortagaray, Noli Tobol
- Producer: Alex Piperno
- Production Co.: La pobladora cine
- World Sales: Square Eyes
- 2020 Istanbul Special Jury Prize
This debut feature is a fantasy film that premiered at Berlinale’s Forum section. A crew member at a cruise ship off the Patagonian coast discovers a magic door that opens to the apartment of a woman somewhere in South America. At the same time, in a jungle in the Philippines, a concrete shack appears, which some of the natives revere and some are scared of. The two distinct narratives that rarely intersect flow like a ship floating silently in the dark in a cinematographic labyrinth. Through intriguing imagery and mysterious characters, Uruguayan director Alex Piperno subtly tells us that in order to travel towards others, we sometimes need to let ourselves go.
*Some scenes depicting sexuality/violence in this film might disturb certain viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.