|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Şirin Bahar Demirel
- TURKEY / 2019 / DCP / Colour / 52’ / English, Turkish, Arabic; Turkish & English s.t.
- Screenplay: Şirin Bahar Demirel
- Director of Photography: Şirin Bahar Demirel
- Editing: Şirin Bahar Demirel
- Original Music: Tolga Gürpınar
- Producer: Şirin Bahar Demirel
- World Sales: Şirin Bahar Demirel
- 2019 Antalya Best Documentary
Women’s Country follows the director’s everlasting search for the meaning of home. Often defined by memories and people, is it transient or stable? And can it be tied to a location? In an era where thousands of people make perilous journeys to find a safe home while others discover habitable planets in space, these questions cover more than the personal questioning of a Turkish filmmaker moving to the USA. Displaced by the war in Syria and resettled in Florida, USA, Fatima and Huda join her in the exploration of what it means to build a new home; to leave things and people behind, by choice or not, and how the past is weaved into the present.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.