|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ronny Trocker
- GERMANY, ITALY, DENMARK / 2021 / DCP / Colour / 102’ / French, Flemish, German; Turkish s.t., English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ronny Trocker
- Director of Photography: Klemens Hufnagl
- Editing: Julia Drack
- Cast: Sabine Timoteo, Mark Waschke, Jule Hermann, Wanja Valentin Kube, Daniel Séjourné, Hannes Perkmann
- Producer: Susanne Mann, Paul Zischler, Martin Rehbock
- Production Co.: zischlermann filmproduktion
- World Sales: Heretic
**This film is screened as part of the International Competition.**
Premiering at Sundance 2021 and later at Berlin 2021 Panorama section, Human Factors is told through narrative loops and shifting perspectives, reminiscent of Haneke’s depiction of family, while gradually increasing a sense of unease. The film follows Jan, Nina and their two kids, when they decide to spend a family weekend at their coastal summer house, to alleviate the tension and confrontation due to work. A mysterious home invasion sets everything off balance. Though at first the aftermath brings the family closer, but later, their accounts of what took place doesn’t add up. Director Ronny Trocker explains the origins of the film as the changing of roles, perspectives, and expectations within this convention that is the family, how his children perceive him now. Building the film upon shifting notions of trust, truth, and perception, Trocker says. “I wanted to reflect on how our society is influenced by our new media era. How this impacts the microcosm that is a family.”
This film is screened with the generous support of German Films.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.