|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Andreas Kleinert
- GERMANY / 2021 / DCP / B&W / 150’ / German; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Thomas Wendrich
- Director of Photography: Johann Feindt
- Editing: Gisela Zick
- Music: Daniel Kaiser
- Cast: Albrecht Schuch, Jella Haasse, Jörg Schüttauf, Peter Kremer, Anja Schneider, Ioana Iacob
- Producer: Till Derenbach, Michael Souvignier
- Production Co.: Zeitsprung Pictures
- World Sales: The Match Factory
2021 Tallinn Grand Prix, Best Actor (A. Schuch)
One of Germany’s most renowned directors, four-time Grimme Award-winner Andreas Kleinert presents a stunning biography of rebellious East German artist, poet, writer, translator and filmmaker Thomas Brasch. Even in the early years of the German Democratic Republic, Thomas Brasch did not fit in already. Thomas is a dreamer, obsessive and a rebel. His very first play is banned and soon he is also expelled from film school. His own father betrays him to the Stasi, sending him to prison. Released on parole, Brasch works hard, loves and suffers, and writes about love, revolt, and death. But the GDR doesn’t need someone like him. Against a background of an East Germany afar from clichés with good mood, parties, and nice clothes, Dear Thomas stars Albrecht Schuch (Fabian: Going to the Dogs, Berlin Alexanderplatz, System Crasher) playing Thomas Brasch.
This film is screened with the generous support of German Films.
This film is screened in collaboration of Kino 2022.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.