|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
National Documentary Competition
EAT YOUR CATFISH
- Director: Senem Tüzen, Adam Isenberg, Noah Amir Arjomand
- USA, TURKEY, SPAIN / 2021 / DCP / Colour / 74’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Senem Tüzen, Adam Isenberg
- Director of Photography: Noah Amir Arjomand
- Editing: Senem Tüzen, Adam Isenberg
- Music: Daniel Withworth
- Cast: Kathryn Arjomand, Saïd Arjomand, Noah Amir Arjomand
- Producer: Senem Tüzen, Adam Isenberg, Noah Amir Arjomand
- Production Co.: Zela Film
- World Sales: Deckerts Distribution
2022 İstanbul Best Documentary
Years with ALS have left Kathryn paralyzed and needing 24-hour care. With her mind intact and having opted for mechanical breathing, she could live like this indefinitely. But the situation has embittered and alienated her husband Saïd. Her grown-up son Noah, who lives with Kathryn and Said in their New York City apartment, struggles to balance his academic obligations with those he feels to his mother. Kathryn often falls into despair, but she has been holding on to see her daughter’s wedding day. This project draws on 930 hours of footage—all filmed without any crew present, from Kathryn’s point of view. The result is a profoundly intimate and wryly funny portrait of a family at its breaking point.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.