|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
LAND OF DREAMS
- Director: Shirin Neshat, Shoja Azari
- USA, GERMANY, QATAR / 2021 / DCP / Colour / 113’ / English, Persian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Jean-Claude Carrière, Shoja Azari
- Director of Photography: Ghasem Ebrahimian
- Editing: Mike Selemon
- Music: Michael Brook
- Cast: Sheila Vand, Matt Dillon, William Moseley, Isabella Rossellini, Christopher McDonald, Anna Gunn, Joaquin de Almeida, Robin Bartlett, Gaius Charles
- Producer: Amir Hamz, Christian Springer, Fahri Yardım, Sol Tryon
- Production Co.: Bon Voyage Films GmbH, Palodeon Pictures LLC & Land of Dreams LLC
- World Sales: Beta Cinema GmbH
Simin is an Iranian immigrant woman who works for the US Census Bureau, which has initiated a program 'for security.' Unaware of the actual motivation behind this devious program, she goes door to door to unwary citizens' houses and interviews them to record their dreams. Content with her task and fascinated by the dreams, Simin is torn between her compassion for her interviewees and a truth she must find within. She is on a journey to discover what it means to be a free American in an America in the near future that has closed its borders and has become more insular than ever... Directed by Iranian-born artists Shirin Neshat and Shoja Azari inspired by their personal journeys, from the last script by the legendary French screenwriter, the late Jean-Claude Carrière, this surrealist satire premiered at the 2021 Venice Film Festival's Orizzonti Extra programme. Shirin Neshat was a member of the human rights in cinema jury of the Istanbul Film Festival in 2018.
This film is screened with the generous support of German Films.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.