|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
LOVE, DEUTSCHMARKS AND DEATH
- Director: Cem Kaya
- GERMANY / 2022 / DCP / Colour and B&W / 96’ / Turkish, German, English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Cem Kaya, Mehmet Akif Büyükatalay, Ufuk Cam
- Director of Photography: Cem Kaya, Mahmoud Belakhel, Julius Dommer, Christian Kochmann
- Editing: Cem Kaya
- Katılanlar With: İsmet Topçu, Ömer Boral, Yüksel Ergin, İhsan Ergin, Metin Türköz, Ercan Demirel, Cavidan Ünal, Adnan Türköz, Yüksel Özkasap, Cevdet Yıldırım, Ata Canani, Cem Karaca
- Producer: Mehmet Akif Büyükatalay, Stefan Kauertz, Claus Reichel, Florian Schewe
- Production Co.: filmfaust, Film Five
- World Sales: Taskovski Films
2022 Berlinale Panorama–Dokumente Audience Award
The exciting cinema documentary Love, Deutschmarks and Death by Cem Kaya tells the unprecedented story of an independent musical culture of immigrants from Turkey, their children and grandchildren in Germany in an entertaining and very complex way with never-before-seen archive footage. The independent and as yet hardly known music world of immigrants from Turkey is unique in this form in Germany. Celebrating 60 years of Turkish music in Germany, Love, Deutschmarks and Death is an alternative post-war history that is at the same time a musical Who’s Who from Yüksel Özkasap (Nightingale of Cologne) to Derdiyoklar, Cavidan Ünal, Muhabbet, from Killa Hakan and Kabus Kerim to Erci E. and Hatay Engin. Cem Kaya whose Remake, Remix, Rip-Off garnered huge success wrote this exceptional documentary with writer-director Mehmet Akif Büyükatalay (Oray).
Some scenes in this film feature strong strobe effects.
This film is screened with the generous support of German Films.
This film is screened in collaboration with Kino 2022.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.