|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Best of The Fests
- Director: Shawkat Amin Korki
- GERMANY, IRAQ, QATAR / 2021 / DCP / Colour / 89’ / Kurdish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Shawkat Amin Korki, Mohamed Reza Gohari
- Director of Photography: Adib Sobhani
- Editing: Ebraim Saeedi
- Music: Mehmûd Berazî
- Cast: Avan Jamal, Vania Salar, Hussein Hassan, Shwan Attoof, Hoshyar Nerwayi
- Producer: Mehmet Aktaş, Foad Jalal
- Production Co.: mîtosfilm, Masti Films
- World Sales: ArtHood Entertainment GmbH
2021 Karlovy Vary FIPRESCI Prize
2021 Tirana Best Screenplay
Renowned for his debut film Kick Off and his multi-award winning Bîranînen li ser kevirî / Memories on Stone, Iraqi Kurdish director Shawkat Amin Korki’s latest film premiered at the 2021 Karlovy Vary International Film Festival as part of the main competition. Set in the shadow of war, young protagonist Rojin must pass the university entrance exam to earn her freedom, otherwise she will have to go through with an arranged marriage as is the pronouncement of her father. Rojin’s older sister has already been there, so she is determined to help her at all costs to save her future. Yet, every well-meant action draws the desperate family deeper into a web of deceit and lies.
This film is screened with the generous support of German Films.
This film is screened in collaboration of Kino 2022.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.