|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE GOOD BOSS
EL BUEN PATRÓN
- Director: Fernando León de Aranoa
- SPAIN / 2021 / DCP / Colour / 120’ / Spanish ; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Fernando León de Aranoa
- Director of Photography: Pau Esteve Birba
- Editing: Vanessa Marimbert
- Music: Zeltia Montes
- Cast: Javier Bardem, Manolo Solo, Almudena Amor, Óscar de la Fuente, Sonia Almarcha, Fernando Albizu, Tarik Rmili, Rafa Castejón, Celso Bugallo
- Producer: Fernando León de Aranoa, Jaume Roures
- Production Co.: Reposado PC, The Mediapro Studio
- World Sales: MK2
2022 Goya Awards (Spain) Best Film, Best Director, Best Lead Actor (J. Bardem), Best Original Screenplay, Best Original Score, Best Editing
2022 Feroz Awards (Spain) Best Actor (J. Bardem), Best Screenplay, Best Comedy
Blanco, the 'good boss' of the title is played by Javier Bardem, in the latest film by Spanish master filmmaker Fernando Léon De Aranoa, who describes it as a 'tragicomic tale of a worn-out labour ecosystem, without heroes or villains, far from any Manichaeism. A biting comedy, dark grey, almost black.' Básculas Blanco, a Spanish company that produces industrial scales in a provincial Spanish town awaits the imminent visit from a committee which holds its fate in their hands as to whether they merit a local Business Excellence award: everything has to be perfect when the time comes. Working against the clock, the company’s proprietor, Blanco shamelessly pulls out all the stops to address and resolve issues with his employees, crossing every imaginable line in the process. The Good Boss was declared as Spain's Oscar nominee.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.