|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
TILL THE END OF THE NIGHT
BIS ANS ENDE DER NACHT
- Director: Christoph Hochhäusler
- GERMANY / 2023 / DCP / Colour / 123’ / German; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Florian Plumeyer
- Director of Photography: Reinhold Vorschneider
- Editing: Stefan Stabenow
- Cast: Timocin Ziegler, Thea Ehre, Michael Sideris, Ioana Iacob, Rosa Enskat
- Producer: Bettina Brokemper
- Production Co.: Heimatfilm
- World Sales: The Match Factory
2023 Berlin Best Supporting Performance (Thea Ehre)
A thriller that tells a story of crime and love, desire and sexual confusion, Till the End of the Night follows three people: Robert, an undercover police officer, Leni, a trans woman, with whom he pretends to be in relationship to gain the trust of Victor, a dark web drug baron. As much as he tries to suppress them, Robert’s contradictory feelings are not just a game, and it is the criminal, who makes him confront his true self. A queer neo-noir echoing Fassbinder, Till the End of the Night premiered at the Berlin Film Festival in competition.
This film is screened with the generous support of German Films.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.