|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE
- Director: S. Craig Zahler
- CANADA, USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 159’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: S. Craig Zahler
- Director of Photography: Benji Bakshi
- Editing: Greg D’Auria
- Music: Jeff Harriott
- Cast: Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn, Tory Kittles, Michael Jai White, Don Johnson, Udo Kier, Laurie Holden
- Producer: Sefton Fincham, Keith Kjarval, Dallas Sonnier, Jack Heller
- Production Co.: Unified Pictures, Assemble Media, Cinestate, Look to the Sky Films, Moot Point Productions
- World Sales: Bloom International, LLC
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
Directed by heavy metal musician and novelist S.Craig Zahler, who is famed for genre-busting films Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Bone Tomahawk, Dragged Across Concrete is notable for its strong cast, Tarantino-esque dialogue, and violent scenes. The film follows two racist, violence-prone discharged cops, played by Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn, who succumb to an even dirtier business upon going full-broke. Embracing the tropes of the ‘70s exploitation films while tipping towards noir and inspired by films like Taxi Driver and Dog Day Afternoon, Dragged Across Concrete is a unique “pulp fiction” that paints a bleak picture of America in the throes of injustice, societal divide, and bigotry.
This film contains scenes of sexuality/violence that might disturb some viewers.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.