|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
I USED TO BE NORMAL: A BOYBAND FANGIRL STORY
- Director: Jessica Leski
- AUSTRALIA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 96’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Jessica Leski
- Director of Photography: Jason Joseffer, Eric Laplante, Simon Koladin, Cesar Salmeron
- Editing: Johanna Scott
- Music: Jed Palmer
- Producer: Jessica Leski, Rita Walsh
- Production Co.: Over Here Productions
- World Sales: Seville International
One Direction, Back Street Boys, Take That, and Beatles are some of the “boybands” that left indelible marks on music scenes in different eras. Director Jessica Leski, a self-described One Direction fan, tries to dissect the boyband phenomenon through the eyes of fans from different generations. Newspaper clippings, posters, and fanfic form the backbone of the film which paints a universal picture of the fun and shiny world of fandom through interviews and screaming teens. I Used to Be Normal is about fans of all ages who don’t care about what others think of their admiration.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.