|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Brendan Walter
- ICELAND, USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 87’ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Barak Hardley
- Director of Photography: Eric Bader
- Editing: Sam Fuller
- Music: Patrick Stump
- Cast: Barak Hardley, Jackie Tohn, Magnus Jonsson, Birna Run Eiriksdottir, Tom Wright, Stacey Moseley
- Producer: Brendan Walter, Jon Lullo, Barak Hardley, Katy Stoll, Eleanor Wilson
- Production Co.: Crush Pictures
- World Sales: Visit Films
Following the unexpected death of his fiancé, an American illustrator embarks on a soul-searching journey across the isolated Icelandic countryside, only to become drawn into a supernatural world of ancient runes and secrets. In his vulnerable state, he meets a powerful magician who can raise the dead, and locals who convince him to proceed with the ritual. Very dangerous, unless it’s all in his head. Spell’s world is weird, whimsical, thanks to breathtaking cinematography, subdued type of horror, harkening back to the days when we didn’t need blood to make an audience squirm. Director Brendan Walter is best known with his photo publications, music videos, and commercial campaigns for artists such as Sia, Green Day, Lorde, and Fall Out Boy.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.