MEETINGS ON THE BRIDGE FILM DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP PROJECTS ARE ANNOUNCED
In its 18th year Meetings on the Bridge (MoB), organized as part of the Istanbul Film Festival, continues to bring together producers, directors and screenwriters from Turkey and neighboring countries with international film professionals.
MoB, supported by Anadolu Efes, will be held online between 12-14 April. In the Meetings on the Bridge Film Development Workshop, Work in Progress and Neighbors workshops, feature-length fiction and documentary projects from Turkey and neighboring countries as well as films in the post-production phase will be presented to international film professionals.
This year, MoB received 70 applications from Turkey for the Meetings on the Bridge Film Development Workshop. The applications were evaluated by the advisory and reading committee, and 14 projects were selected to participate in the workshop. The Film Development Workshop selection includes 11 fiction and 3 documentary projects.
Projects selected for Film Development Workshop:
• As If To Remember (dir. Barış Fert, prod. İpek Erden)
• Bekes (dir. Mahsum Taşkın, prod. Vildan Erşen)
• Bitch (dir. Emin Fırat Övür, prod. Okan Üzey)
• Dewran (dir. Şafak Uyanık, Öktem Aykut, prod. Hilal Şenel)
• The Goat Says Hi! (dir. Mustafa Nuri, prod. Sezgi Üstün San)
• How Beautiful Is The Sea (dir. Ali Kemal Güven, prod. Seda Özkaraca)
• Human (dir. Semih Kaplanoğlu, prod. Suzan Hande Ağdaş)
• Identity (dir. Berkay Özdinç, prod. Utku Çırak)
• Kızıltoprak (dir. Irmak Karasu, prod. Zeynep Ekmekçi)
• Memento Non Mori (dir. Şeyhmus Altun, prod. Fevziye Hazal Ertek)
• Never Again! (dir. Serhat Karaaslan, prod. Nesra Gürbüz)
• Veha (dir. Elif Sözen, prod. Nizam Reyhan)
• Yellow (dir. Mustafa Efelti, prod. Kemal Akçay)
• You Have No Clue, Yet It’s Certain (dir. Sinem Kanat, prod. Berk Tuncer, Nafiseh Laleh)
Project teams will work on scriptwriting, production, pitching techniques with internationally experienced filmmakers and trainers in March.
The winners of the Film Development Workshop awards will be selected by the international jury after the presentations.
Film Development Project Awards:
• Meetings on the Bridge Award - 30,000 TL
• CNC Award - 8000 EURO
• Mattepost Post - Production Award
• Melodika Sound Award
• Postbıyık Sound Post – Production Award
• Mediterranean Film Institute (MFI) Script Workshop Award
• Transilvania Pitch Stop Award
MEETINGS ON THE BRIDGE NEIGHBOURS PLATFORM PROJECTS ARE ANNOUNCED
Meetings on the Bridge, supported by Anadolu Efes, continues to bring producers, directors and scriptwriters from Turkey and its neighbouring countries together with international film professionals in online platforms.
Presentations of 13 feature and 5 documentary film projects from Turkey and neighbouring countries, 5 series projects and 5 feature films and 2 documentaries in post-production will be made online to the international film professionals on 12-13-14 April.
In the 18th year of Meetings on the Bridge 3 international feature films and 2 documentaries are selected to Neighbours Platform with the aim of initiating the first steps for future artistic and financial co-production.
In order to initiate new collaborations and enhance communication between filmmakers, projects and film professionals are selected to Neighbours Platform.
• Memory (Director: Ibraim Haniiev, Producer: Maksim Safonov)
• A Leg (Director: Shokir Kholikov, Producer: Aigerim Satybaldy)
• Project 2602 (Director: Rafig Hajiyev, Producer: Raul Celaya)
• The Fifth Eye (Director: Ali Hamraz, Producer: Kourosh Ataee)
• Paris 18 (Director: Kitodar Todorov, Producer: Madgelena Ilieva)
The Neighbours Platform awards will be given after the meetings with the international jury.
● CNC Award - 8000 EURO
● Postbıyık Sound Post-Production Award
Supported by Anadolu Efes, Meetings on the Bridge continues introducing directors, producers and scriptwriters from Turkey and its neighbouring countries to international film professionals. Meetings on the Bridge will be held between 12-14 April 2023.
The content of this publication, supported by the Istanbul Development Agency and prepared within the scope of Innovative Workshops and Improving the Creativity and Commercial Success Capacities of National Film Industry Actors Project, does not reflect the views of Istanbul Development Agency or Development Ministry and Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts is the only party responsible for the content.